Time estimations are an essential part of the software development process. The rise of agile methodologies has even made it easier to come up with more accurate time estimation for engineering tasks. This talk will highlight subtleties, hidden trap doors, and even paradoxes, that await teams that try to over do time estimations. These include:
- time-to-market vs. calendar deadline
- engineering estimation vs. end-to-end estimation
- why is striving to make fully accurate time estimations dangerous to your business?
- are there project types for which time estimations are not as important?
- what is the "black market of time"?